Anxiety about aging and our aesthetic concerns have integrated botox into our lives in a cosmetic silence. Botox, one of the most powerful biological toxins known, has become the most frequently used application in aesthetic and cosmetic dermatology. The fact that it gives results in a short time and is a relatively easy procedure pleases both the person who is applied and the doctor. However, as in almost every other issue, botox is confused with each other; it has become a job that non-skilled people do regardless of whether it is really needed or not. When this was the case, I wanted to ask my questions to one of the best experts I know on this subject. The guest of this week is Prof. who has achieved many national and international successes. Dr. Ayse Akman. I have known my teacher Ayşe Akman from Akdeniz University for her successful studies for years, but it is a chance for me and for you that she is now serving in Istanbul Florya Medical Park.
– First of all, I would like to start by asking about its history. When and for what purpose was Botox started to be used?
We can say that the cosmetic effect of Botox was discovered by chance. It was first used in the treatment of strabismus in the 1970s. Then, with the improvement of facial wrinkles in the same cases, it started to be used for aesthetic purposes in the 1980s. That day is in our lives today.
– Why is it the most frequently used application in aesthetic and cosmetic dermatology?
In addition to the fact that its effect is noticeable in a short time, the side effects of this treatment, which has been applied safely for years, can be prevented and corrected under the supervision of doctors.
– Why should Botox application be personalized?
The areas to be applied and the application methods differ according to the needs of the person; In addition, taking into account the lifestyle of the person, this application should be shaped by the joint decision of the person and his doctor, without changing the person’s expression and facial expressions, if desired.
– Is there a method to make the Botox effect permanent?
In addition to approaches to prevent the aging process such as sun protection and skin care needs, it would be appropriate to repeat the botox application not earlier than four months.
– For what purposes is botox applied?
The most common use is on the skin; Apart from preventing the lines that will occur due to muscle movements, it can be used to improve the already formed scars, sagging on the face and neck, lift the eyebrows and eyelids, correct the asymmetries on the face, raise the tip of the nose, improve the sad expression, droopy lip edge, contributes to the recovery if there are blisters due to sweating, shine on the skin It provides improvement in color and appearance. It shrinks pores. In addition, it is frequently used in the prevention of excessive sweating, in the treatment of hair loss, in the correction of the appearance of the gums, in the treatment of headaches, teeth clenching, and to make the person feel good; There are various publications stating its benefits in conditions such as depression and hypertension.
After the procedure, redness and bleeding points may be seen. Fatigue and headache may also develop in the person. Other than that, side effects are rare, but considering that there may be situations that require the intervention of the doctor, I would like to emphasize that botox applications should be applied in a health institution and by a doctor.
– What are the situations that people should pay attention to and know after Botox application? In order to minimize the risk of botox spreading to unwanted muscle groups after the application, patients are recommended to stay in an upright position for 2-4 hours. Again, it is requested not to drink alcohol and cigarettes for 2-3 days after the procedure. Considering that the expected effect will take place within two weeks, expectations should not be kept high in this process. The patient should remember that at the end of this period, he can go to his doctor again for a second correction application and the effect of the treatment is temporary and he will have a healthier complexion with other treatment-applications recommended by his doctor.
I know it’s hard to be at peace even with ourselves in these tense days. But still, let’s try to get over this resentment with ourselves without allowing swelling and more serious skin deformations that will put ourselves in trouble, shall we? Of course, we all have the right to be more beautiful, but while preserving our beauty, let’s pay attention to the distinction between experience and weariness, let’s not lose sight of the excitement of beauty and the uniqueness of preciousness. Stay healthy and beautiful.