Laser technology in the last 15 years; has made significant progress in the treatment of acne scars, pores, scars, burn scars, and facial and neck wrinkles.
In recent years, 3 types of laser systems have been designed for effective skin rejuvenation and scar treatment. Today, these three systems are preferred as the most successful methods in the treatment of various scars and wrinkles:
1. Erbium:Glass laser (Er:Glass): 1,540 nanometer wavelength
2. Erbium:YAG laser (Er:YAG): 2,940 nanometer wavelength
3. Carbon dioxide laser (CO2): 10,650 nanometer wavelength
The most important factors determining the efficiency of the laser are; wavelength of the laser beam, the technological features of the laser and the skin structure of the patient.
In addition to the Fractional Er:YAG Laser treatment that we have been using in our clinic for about 3-4 years, we started Fractional CO2 Laser treatment a month ago. This gives us the opportunity to determine the appropriate fractional laser system according to the patient’s complaint and the characteristics of the skin structure, and to use different options in the planning of the treatment.
fractional laser The thickness of the skin treated during its application does not depend on judgment or experience, as in chemical peeling or dermabrasion. I nil depth is fixed. Although it is strong, recovery after application thanks to its fractional feature duration is short. Its effect is much higher than similar systems.
- In the treatment of acne scars; The most effective method of removing acne scars is fractional laser. As a result of scanning the area with a special light, the scar tissue is evaporated. The evaporated portion is filled by the body with fresh cells. The scar tissue gradually gets smaller with each session. An average of 3-6 sessions are applied. After the session, redness and crusting occur. Erbium fractional laser is preferred for dark-skinned people and carbon dioxide laser is preferred for fair-skinned people.
- In the treatment of pregnancy stretch marks; The laser affects the tissue in a deeply porous form. Evaporates uneven areas. Fresh tissue replaces worn tissue. Fine cracks are erased, deep cracks are lightened.
- In the treatment of scars; fine scars are erased. It is used in the treatment of surgical scars, impact and razor wounds. Light beams sent to the scar area evaporate and correct the problem area.
- Neck and décolleté rejuvenation; worn and sagging neck and décolleté skin is renewed. Its application with mesolifting or PRP treatment increases the effectiveness.
- Removal of skin blemishes; mostly Erbium Fractional laser is used.
- Treatment of bruises and bags under the eyes; dark circles under the eyes make the person look more tired and older. This condition is called hyperpigmentation (increase in color) in medical language. It is usually observed more intensely in the inner part of the lower lid. Among the reasons; genetic predisposition, allergy, eye rubbing habit, some diseases (kidney, thyroid). Vitamin K creams and fade creams have been tried most for this color increase. However, satisfactory results were often not obtained. Pigmentation is reduced by evaporating the color substance under the eyes and restructuring the skin. The type of laser is chosen according to the skin characteristics of the patient.