Everyone wants to stay young and feel young. Among the non-surgical skin rejuvenation methods, the popularity of the world is increasing day by day and the most widely used procedure is the BonTA application.
WHAT IS BONTA? HOW DOES IT EFFECT?
BonTA; It is a kind of toxin in protein structure obtained from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. By blocking the interaction between the nerve ending and the muscle in the area where it is applied, it “prevents muscle contraction” and makes the skin in this area more flat and taut. It is also used in the treatment of migraine and hyperhidrosis. Its effect is reversible and takes an average of 4-6 months depending on the person and the number of applications.
WHO CAN BONTA APPLY TO?
Dynamic lines or expression lines; They occur with the contraction of the muscles under the skin during mimic movements (such as frowning, surprise, speaking, laughing). With the contraction of these muscles, permanent lines and wrinkles form on the skin over time.
The most frequently occurring dynamic lines; It is seen on the forehead, between the eyebrows, around the eyes and around the mouth. While the lines on the forehead and around the eyes give the person an older look, the lines between the eyebrows give the person a frowning and angry expression. All patients with these lines can be corrected with BonTA application in the early period.
WHO DOES NOT APPLY BONTA?
• People with musculoskeletal diseases such as Myasthenia Gravis, Lambert Eaton syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis,
• Those who use aminoglycoside group antibiotics,
• Patients with skin infections,
• It is not applied to those who are in pregnancy and lactation period, and individuals with egg allergy.
WHICH REGIONS CAN BOTULINUM TOXIN BE APPLIED?
• Transverse wrinkles on the forehead,
• The lines between the eyebrows,
• Wrinkles that appear around the eyes, especially when smiling (crow’s feet lines),
• Nose tip lift,
• Fine and superficial wrinkles on the upper lip (Barcode lines),
• It can also be used in the treatment of migraine and can be applied to the palms, soles and armpits of people with excessive sweating.
WHAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BEFORE THE BOTULINUM TOXIN PROCESS?
• Aspirin or similar blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Exedrin, Vitamin E, Ginko Bilboa, Ginseng should not be taken.
• It is recommended not to drink alcohol before the application.
• Alcohol may increase the likelihood of bleeding and/or bruising at the injection points.
HOW IS BONTA APPLIED?
A topical anesthetic is applied to the skin about half an hour before the procedure to reduce the feeling of pain and provide a comfortable procedure. After the area to be treated is disinfected, BonTA is administered intramuscularly with fine-tipped needles in appropriate doses. BonTA application is painless and leaves no scars after the procedure. The application session takes about 10-15 minutes.
WHAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AFTER BONTA INJECTION?
After the procedure, you should stand or sit in an upright position for 4-6 hours. Within 24 hours after the procedure
• Do not touch or rub the injection points on your skin. (rubbing vigorously can cause the toxin to slide into unwanted areas)
• Avoid activities with excessive effort and sweating.
• Do not consume alcohol
• Do not take blood thinners
• Do not have abrasive procedures such as chemical peeling, microdermabrasion, laser epilation or laser skin rejuvenation.
• If there is bruising, you can use topical vitamin K or creams containing arnica.
• Since the toxin has a protein structure, you should avoid being in places such as solariums and saunas, as it may cause the heat to lose its effect more quickly.
• After 24 hours, make-up can be easily applied and concealers can be used.
• In general, a control appointment is made 2 weeks after the procedure and the final state of the procedure is evaluated.
• In case of an unexpected effect or complication, call your doctor and inform as soon as possible without any intervention.
WHAT IS THE EFFECT PERIOD OF BONTA APP?
The effect of BonTA starts as of 4-5 days and the effect is fully established within 2 weeks. Although the duration of the toxin’s effect varies depending on the difference in wrinkle density and muscle strength, it can last from 4 months to 6 months on average. The current diseases of the person to be treated and the drugs used can also affect the duration of the toxin administration. Another point that is frequently asked and should be known is that after the BonTA effect wears off, it will return to the pre-application state and no worse situation will occur in any way.