It is also known as Laminey, Lamine or Lamina. Porcelain Lamina Application is an excellent cosmetic solution for many dental disorders that negatively affect your appearance. It is a form of treatment that aims to eliminate these problems by sticking the layer prepared from porcelain on the anterior teeth, which basically have aesthetic problems in laminate veneers. In most cases, they are sufficient to give the teeth a natural beauty and a natural function with their solid structure and pristine color. You can smile confidently with laminate floors!
Laminate veneers are porcelain leaves that adhere to the front surfaces of the teeth. It is one of the most conservative (preventive) treatments that can be done. This is because too little tissue is removed from the tooth for veneers to be made. It is sufficient to remove an average of 0.3-0.7 mm of tooth tissue. Then the veneers are prepared in the desired color and form and adhered. Because they are very thin and do not contain metal, It is very successful aesthetically.
These veneers made of porcelain are a thin, semi-permeable layer. They are prepared and placed on an existing tooth with perfect fit and precision. The front of the tooth and the inside of the veneer are bonded with a special resin (an adhesive intermediate). When the process is finished, a perfect fusion is expected.
Laminate veneers can be made primarily for the purpose of removing color changes and correcting the shape to a certain extent. The main application areas can be summarized as follows:
· In coloring, bleaching advanced antibiotics, fluorine, etc. in hereditary structure and color disorders in stains,
· Conjoining split teeth (diastema closure),
Restoration of broken or worn teeth,
Old discolored and structured fillingin the correction of
Correction of crooked and crooked teeth ( orthodontic treatmentas an alternative) It can be a near-perfect cosmetic alternative.
Almost everyone can benefit from the laminate application! People with complete jaw development who complain for the above reasons can benefit from laminate treatment. However, bad habits such as jaw disorders, nail biting, pen biting are not applied in cases where there is severe gingival damage.
Laminate application can be summarized as follows. First of all, your tooth is prepared for the procedure, and the residues on it are cleaned. Impressions are then taken to obtain an exact copy of your tooth. The layer to be adhered to your tooth is prepared from porcelain material. Last but not least, in adhesive systems (bonding)as well as laminates are fused to the surface of the existing tooth with resin (an adhesive intermediate).
Laminates can be used for years without any problems with good oral care. because other from adhesive systems (bonding) They are made of porcelain with superior properties. They are more resistant to staining and abrasion. to prolong their life to oral care need attention. Also, from biting very hard foods, bite nailsSuch bad habits should be avoided.
Advantages In cases where you cannot smile confidently due to caries, abrasions, fractures or structural anomalies, it is possible to give your teeth a natural beauty with this method. In such unfavorable situations filling While coatings and full coatings are the only solution, there are new alternatives such as laminate treatment today. The advantages of this new application;
– A healthy and natural appearance is achieved in a very short time with a small intervention,
– Just a nail-wide slot in your tooth (which may not always be necessary) is sufficient,
– They are produced from durable, colorfast and durable materials.
– It is only possible with laminate veneer to have the aesthetic features you want without deteriorating the natural structure of your teeth. Either no change is made on the tooth or with a little correction, the result can be more perfect. The amount removed from the tooth is already limited to 0.3-0.7 mm. Thus, there is no need to cut (reduce) any teeth.
– The laboratory stage of treatment is only 3-4 days. However, in smile design, it may take 3-4 weeks for your lips to adapt to your new look at the end of this period. We recommend some lip exercises and reading during this alignment. At the end of this period, you can easily smile with your new teeth that are completely integrated with your face and cannot be detected as artificial.
-A design can be made by obtaining a copy of your teeth that you are not satisfied with. in other words, it can show you the change that will occur in your teeth before you interfere with your teeth.
– Since the porcelain surfaces will be extremely smooth, stains caused by smoking and similar reasons and calculus formationsminimizes it.
– With external factors such as coffee, tea, cigarettes does not change color.
– It is quite fragile as a material. However, when fully bonded to enamel, its resistance to tensile and tensile forces becomes very high. For example, it is not possible to completely remove an adhered veneer from the tooth. However, it can be removed from the tooth surface by abrading with diamond burs.
– High resistance to abrasion.
Disadvantages – It has advantages over other restorations in terms of health. However, it is a slightly more expensive system compared to others.
– It is a delicate technique. It requires a good clinical and laboratory work. Physicians and dental technicians must have full technical knowledge and artistic ability on this subject.