Implants are among the most frequently asked topics in dentistry in recent years. In this treatment method, which is an important part of modern dentistry, the patient has the opportunity to complete their missing teeth.
Missing teeth create problems in terms of both health and aesthetic appearance. Developing technological opportunities support the development of modern dentistry methods day by day. Implants, which stand out as an alternative to bridge and prosthetic applications, are screws made of titanium placed inside the jawbone. A dental prosthesis is placed on this screw.
Its most important advantage is that it does not harm the neighboring teeth, compared to other missing tooth treatments. In this treatment, which is done without cutting the adjacent teeth, the implant acts as a tooth root. You can eat, talk and laugh as easily as a natural tooth.
Who is Implant Treatment Applied to?
You must be over the age of 18 to have implant treatment. Implants can be applied to anyone whose jaw and face development is completed. Before starting the treatment, the dentist decides whether the face and jaw structure is suitable for the implant with X-ray. Diabetes patients need to regulate sugar before implantation. In people using blood thinners, the use of these drugs is discontinued before the treatment. People who suffer from osteoporosis can start implant treatment after treatment.
How Is Implant Treatment Performed?
- The patient is given a light sedation during treatment.
- Detailed examination and x-rays are essential before the procedure.
- Measurements of the jaw bones and remaining teeth are taken.
- Two different methods are followed when placing the implants. In the one-stage method, a temporary cap is attached after the implant is placed. In the two-stage process, after the implant is placed, it is covered with the gingiva and left to heal. Prosthetic heads are then attached.
- In both methods, a temporary bridge is placed. A recovery period of 3 months is expected for the lower jaw and 6 months for the upper jaw.
- Implants come in different varieties. Sometimes newly made teeth can be placed on dental implants immediately.
- Zirconium implant types are usually made to increase the durability of the jawbone. Compared to titanium, there is no difference other than durability.
What are the types of implants?
Implants can be applied in a variety of ways. The most common model today is the screw-shaped ones. According to the area where they are placed and the supporting tissues, the appropriate implant type is preferred.
What are the Benefits of Implant Application?
Missing teeth in the mouth are removed without having to cut adjacent teeth. Fixed prosthesis is applied to patients who have to use removable prosthesis when there are not enough teeth. Compared to the bridge application, implants are very advantageous applications in terms of oral and dental health, since it is a treatment method that only targets the missing tooth cavity.
How is the Dental Implant Adaptation Process?
Implant treatment is one of the personalized dental treatments. The general condition of the person causes changes in the treatment period.
Which Is The Best Implant?
The wide variety of implants sometimes makes it difficult for people to choose between them. When the patient chooses the most suitable implant for both his/her own budget and his/her own structure among the implant types of many different brands, he/she will find the best one for himself/herself. Swiss made implant models are the most expensive options on the market. American, European, Korean and domestic implant models are more preferred because they are more suitable.
The fact that an implant model is cheap and more affordable than others does not indicate that it is of poor quality. When you entrust yourself to a dental clinic that has experience in implants, you can get the best quality, most durable implants that will last you for many years in terms of service life, at intervals suitable for your budget.